Saturday 4 January 2014

Week One

Jack

One week down and a pretty good start.

The first few days are the hardest, especially considering the time of year. Our usually bare cupboard has been full of chips, nuts, christmas pudding and alcohol making resisting temptation even harder. At least I had my pre-diet bulking month when I ate everything in sight during December

Fortunately it's been a good week. I've got out nearly every day for a jog or a quick walk and played a few rounds of golf (I think I'll be challenging John at some point soon. Biggest Loser style 1kg weight penalty for the loser!). It's been enjoyable and it's good to have people around to give my hand a slap if I waiver from task.

I started the week at 119kg and this morning I've woken up at 114.6kg! A loss of 4.4kg and a really good start to this journey.

I've made sure I'm doing something I can maintain rather than just starving myself and hating on life. King and I agreed that we'd both take the Captaincy of this team on alternating weeks and so I think I'll take it over this week and set our rule number two. I'll let you know after some discussion what the rule will be but I'll make sure it's either physically or mentally challenging! I'll be sure to keep John honest.

In other news, I've cleaned my room. It means I can definitely guarantee that I'll be staying at home for the next 7-8 years. Plans for the upwards extension are in the process of being approved.



John

End of week one. In hindsight starting this project at such a social time of year was bordering on foolhardy. I see Jack must have eaten for Australia over xmas to get himself up to 119.0 just so he can come out of the blocks  in such impressive fashion. 4.4kegs! -  Grizzy’s dogs don’t weigh that much.

I’ve had a far tamer week 105.9 to 104.5 see photo below - displacing nearly 1.5 kilos of pudding. It was still Christmas so I didn’t want to alter any grazing or social drinking habits for the week for political reasons, only drinking more water and tried to get some sleep and rest  - as did 500k for last 8 days on bike. Most of that 1.4kg loss actually came from the one hard man, monster ride in the hills with Mosquito Brend. Food management starts today.



Week 2 baby that’s when we find out who’s keeping it real.

Next Monday is going to come around soon enough. Early observers are probably wondering if Jack has gone out too hard?  If I didn’t know beforehand I know now that Jack is pretty pumped about this – not just the 4.4 kegs he’s dropped but he sent me his side of the blog at 8.30 this morning – normally he doesn’t get up until lunchtime unless there’s been a kitchen fire or something equally as calamitous.


For next week we are going to insert a graph or table with starting weight, end of week weight and overall so it’s the story at a glance. I actually can’t turn the ideas off.

There's a fair bit happening, I suspect we won't actually be able to wait until next Monday to roll out our next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment